The JABU ICT Centre story
The JABU ICT Training Centre is part of the Vision of the Founding fathers of the University to establish an Entrepreneurial based Institution aimed at producing Job creators and not Job seekers. It was established to offer both customised and International ICT based certification courses to students, staff and member of public.
Vision: To be a world-class centre of excellence for Information and Communication Technology training and education
Mission: To contribute to the creation of knowledge-based information society in Africa, through human resource capacity building in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector.
As with all academic institutions, JABU ICT Centre has the central objective which is to provide students with quality education and training; and also is to engage in world-class research;
In view of this, the ICT Centre objectives are to:
- Promote the development of Human resources capacity by training personnel in Telecoms and ICT sectors of the economy.
- Establish training facility with modern infrastructure and technology for training engineers, ICT professionals, programmers, policy makers, and regulators in the relevant and related sectors of the economy.
- Help students and future leaders acquired international ICT training and certifications while at school and at very early age.
- Help those of them with entrepreneurial spirits, establish business of their own with the practical skills already acquired.
- Maintain a Center of Excellence in Nigeria and Africa as the original and leading professional program in ICT education.
ICT Courses Offered by JABU ICT Centre
The listed ICT courses are being offered to targeted member of Public, Civil Servants,
Executive and Policy makers. They are divided into two groups;
1. Customised-Based ICT Courses.
2. International Certification based ICT courses.
i. The Customised-Based ICT Courses are meant for Business men, Entrepreneurs, Civil/PublicServants, Policy Makers, Executives and Professionals (Auditors, Accountants etc.) who want to acquire or improve on their ICT skills for better performance on their jobs.
ii. The International certification-based courses are internationally recognised Professional ICT courses for those who want to become Professionals in ICT in the areas of Networking, Graphic and web design, database management using Oracle and Microsoft, Software Programming and Project Management.
CUSTOMISED- BASED ICT COURSES
1. LIST OF TRAINING COURSES
The under listed are courses tailored for specific jobs and tasks: The list is not exhaustive as the courses are reviewed regularly based on demand and in line with development in technology.
1. SPREADSHEET WORKSHOP FOR BUDGET ACCOUNTING PERSONNEL
2. BUDGETING AND BUDGETARY CONTROL
3. BASIC COMPUTER APPLICATION WORKSHOP FOR SECRETARIES
4. ADVANCED COMPUTER APPLICATION WORKSHOP USING PAGE-MAKER AND COREL DRAW
5. MULTIMEDIA DESIGN AND PRESENTATION COURSE
6. NETWORKING. INTERNET TECHNOLOGY AND ADMINISTRATION WORKSHOP
7. COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN AND GRAPHICS WORKSHOP
8. COMPUTER HARDWARE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS WORKSHOP
9. E-COMMERCE AND COPORATE GOVERNANCE
10. STATISTICAL DATA ANALYSIS USING COMPUTER SOFTWARE
11. FUNDAMENTALS OF E-GOVERNMENT
12. OPTIMIZSING IT IN PUBLIC SERVICE ORGANISATION
13. OPTIMIZING IT MANAGEMENT IN PUBLIC SERVICE ORGANISATION
14. E-GOVERNMENT PROJECT MANAGEMMENT
15. ACCOUNTING PACKAGES (PEACH TREE AND SAGE)
2.0 COURSE OUTLINES
2.1. SPREADSHEET WORKSHOP FOR BUDGET AND ACCOUNTING PERSONNEL
· Spreadsheet Basic
· Managing Financial Data
· The Cash Flow Tracker
· Loan Amortisation Schedules
· Break-even Analysis
· Bank Reconciliation Statement
· Project Cash Flow and the Financial Entries
Accountants/Budget Officers, Financial Analysts, Auditors in the public and private organisations of the economy who desire greater confidence in their use of computers.
2.2. :BASIC COMPUTER APPLICATION WORKSHOP
· Microcomputer and Windows Operating Systems Fundamentals
· Introduction to Word-processors
· Basic Computer Operations
· Creating form Letter and Mail Merge
· Text manipulation, Correcting Errors, Creating Special Effect
· Information storage, using Electronic Dictionary to check for Spellings and Grammatical Errors
· Advanced Features
· Printing Documents
Executives, Policy makers, Secretaries in public and private organisations.
2.3. : ADVANCED COMPUTER APPLICATION WORKSHOP USING PAGE-MAKER, AND COREL DRAW
· Over-view of Window-based Software
· Introduction to Basic Concepts of Desk-top Publishing
· Construction of Publications
· Text formatting and Word-processing
· Composition and Typography
· Graphics and Text Objectives
· Indexes, Contents and Pagination
· Defining, Applying and Trapping Colour
· Colour Management
· Using Tables
· Importing, Linking and exporting
· Typesetting of Documents
· Printing of Newsletters, Flyers, Brochures and Business Forms
· Electronics Spreadsheet
· Office Meeting Organisation
· Principles of Report Writing
Those that have attended JABU Basic Computer Application Workshop for Secretaries or similar courses, Secretaries and Personal Assistants that are Computer literate including Secretaries working in Media houses;
2.4. MULTIMEDIA DESIGN AND PRESENTATION COURSE
· Introduction to Multimedia presentation
· PowerPoint Basics;
· Creating a presentation - Autocontent;
· Creating a presentation from scratch;
· Customising the presentation;
· Adding graphics and charts to presentations;
· Slides and handout; and
· Printing in PowerPoint.
2.5 STATISTICAL DATA ANALYSIS USING COMPUTER SOFTWARE
i. SPSS, MATLAB, STATA, LIMDEP, E-VIEWS, SAS etc
2.6 ACCOUNTING PACKAGES (PEACH TREE AND SAGE)
INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION-BASED COURSES
1. Internet and Core Computing (IC3).
2. Microsoft office specialist Word and Excel 2007.
3. Computer Hardware Technology (COMPTIA A+).
4. Introduction to Networking N+.
5. Principle of Project Management (P+) and (PMP).
6. ORACLE 11G PL/SQL (OCA/OCP).
7. Advanced Networking using Cisco Networking (CCNA).
8. Sun Java Programming Language
9. Designing Web site and Animations Using Dream Weaver and Adobe Flash
ICT COURSE DESCRIPTION
1. Course Name: Internet and Core Computing (IC3)
COURSE CONTENT FOR INTERNET AND CORE COMPUTING CERTIFICATION (IC3)
Recognizing Computers, Using Microsoft Windows, Key Applications Common Elements, Using Microsoft Office Word, Using Microsoft Office Excel,Using Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Getting Connected, Using the Internet.
2. Course Name: Microsoft Office Specialist(MOS)
COURSE CONTENT ;
Manage lists, Customize tables and charts, Customize formatting with styles and themes, Modify pictures in a document, Create customized graphic elements, Insert content using Quick Parts, Control text flow, Use templates to automate document creation, Perform mail merges, Use macros to automate common tasks.
Calculate with advanced formulas, Organize worksheet and table data using various techniques, Create and modify charts, Analyze data using PivotTables and Pivot Charts, Insert graphic objects, Customize and enhance workbooks and the Microsoft Office Excel environment.
3. Course Name: Microsoft Project (MOS)
COURSE CONTENT Ms Project
Get started with Microsoft Office Project, Create and define projects, Work with estimates
and dependencies, Work with deadlines, constraints, and task calendars, Work with resources,
Predict behavior by using task types and the scheduling formula, Customize and format Microsoft
Project views,Analyze resource utilization, Track progress, Create project reports which analyze
project, resource, and task data, Manage multiple projects
4. Course Name: Computer Hardware Technology(A+)
COURSE CONTENT COMPTIA A+
The fundamental components and functions of computer technology, networking and security. The skills required to identify hardware, peripheral, networking, and security components ,The skills required to install, configure, upgrade, and maintain PC workstations, the Windows OS and SOHO networks; How to utilize troubleshooting techniques and tools to effectively and efficiently resolve PC, OS, and network connectivity issues and implement security practices.
5. Course Name: Introduction to Networking (N+)
COURSE CONTENT COMPTIA Network+
The skills required to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate and configure basic network infrastructure; Networking technologies design principles including adherence to wiring standard and use of testing tools; Network specific security practices, disaster recovery procedures and data storage technology implementation.
6. Course Name: Principle of Project Management (P+/PMP)
Create Business Case, establish Project Mini-Charter, develop Work Breakdown Structure, create Network Diagram and Critical Path, estimate Schedule and Budget, establish Risk Management Plan and Matrix, manage Change Control and create final Project Report.
7. Course Name: Oracle PL/SQL
The PL/SQL environment and program structure, update, insert and delete statements; Error Report Functions, Debugging procedures and Logical Comparisons.Define, store and execute procedures; Define, store, and execute Functions;Create package specifications and package bodies, create composite data types, work with implicit and explicit cursor
8. Course Name: Relational Database System using Oracle
Oracle Server architecture, Install Oracle Server software, Start and stop an Oracle database; Manage tablespaces and undo segments. Create an Oracle database, Create tables, constraints, and indexes; create all other database objects, Manage redo logs, Manage tablespaces and data files, Manage control files, Manage security, Audit the database, Manage Oracle networking, Perform appropriate backups, and Perform complete and incomplete recoveries.
9. Course Name: Advance Networking Using Cisco Technologies (CCNA)
Learn how networks function, network components, and the OSI reference model, binary, decimal, and hexadecimal numbering,Switching operations and theory,Host-to-Host packet delivery process through a switch and through a router,TCP/IP network addressing and routing,IP subnetting,Providing Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and remote access services. How Wireless LANs (WLANs) work, including the latest IEEE 802.11n standard,Introduction to Cisco Internet Operating System (IOS),Configuration of Cisco Routers and Catalyst Switches,Using your router as a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server and/or client and to provide Port Address Translation (PAT) functionality, Network discovery and management using Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP), Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP), Telnet, Secure Shell (SSH), and Trivial FTP (TFTP),Expand a switched network from a small to medium network environment,Issues with redundant switching,Spanning Tree Protocol (STP),Concepts of VLANs and trunking and routing between VLANs,Implementing VLSM. Configure, verify, and troubleshoot OSPF and EIGRP; Determine when to use Access Control Lists (ACLs) and how to configure, verify, and troubleshoot.; Configure NAT and PAT,Configure IPv6 addressing and Routing Information Protocol new generation (RIPng),VPN solutions,Configure PPP, CHAP, and PAP Frame Relay operation and troubleshooting.
10. Course: Object-Oriented Programming and Design using JAVA
1. Introduction to Programming
2. Creating Simple Programs
3. Creating Programs Using Methods
4. Implementing the Object-Oriented Methodology
5. Handling Programming Errors
6. Identifying the key Phases in Software Products development
7. Exploring software design methodologies and tools
8. Describing the characteristics and benefits of object-oriented programming
9. Identifying the elements of object-oriented programming
10. Determining the use of object-oriented programming in windowed applications
11. Examination application development for the internet
11: Designing Website and Animation using Adobe dreamweaver and Flash
Customizing Your Workspace,HTML Basics,Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) Basics, Creating a Page Layout, CSS,Text, Lists, and Tables, Images,Navigation, Adding Interactivity and Mobile Applications, Web Animation and Video, Forms, Online Data, Building Dynamic Pages with Data, Code, Code-writing, editing, and validation tools, Getting Acquainted, Creating and Editing Symbols, Adding Animation, Articulated Motion and Morphing, Creating Interactive Navigation,. Using Text, Working with Sound and Video, Loading and Controlling Flash Content, Publishing.
APPLICATION FORM: If you are interested in any of our courses, please fill the on-line form.