COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL & nATURAL SCIENCES
1. A minimum of 5 O level credit or its equivalence in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Economics is required for prospective candidates of the college of Agricultural Sciences.
2. A minimum of 5 O level credit or its equivalence in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics is required for prospective Biochemistry (Bachelor of Science) candidates.
3. A minimum of 5 O level credit or its equivalence in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any of Biology, Chemistry, Economics or Geography is required for prospective Computer Science (Bachelor of Science) candidates.
4. An Agricultural Science degree is acceptable in lieu of Biology for prospective Microbiology (Bachelor of Science) candidates.
5. A minimum of 5 O level credit or its equivalence in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any of Biology, Chemistry, Economics or Geography is required for prospective Physics Electronics (Bachelor of Science) candidates.
* A pass in Physics is acceptable for admission to study an Agricultural-related programme.
Developing programmes covering the broad areas of agriculture and natural sciences.
To turn out production-oriented graduates in agricultural and social sciences, using hands-on approach in training the graduates.
To train personnel capable of teaching and conducting relevant research in agricultural and natural sciences and also capable of taking up employment anywhere in Nigeria in related fields.
To produce graduates who will profitably put their skills into operation by establishing and operating their own enterprises.
To produce extension workers who should be able to communicate effectively with the wider public using their respective skills in their fields and taking cognizance of their present level of awareness.
To develop a virile agricultural and natural sciences extension mechanism that will adequately cater for the yearning of the wider public.
To conduct research in various aspects of agriculture and natural sciences.
To teach, mold and finally graduate job creators and not job seekers who would be the best qualities of graduates ever imagined anywhere in the world.
To provide education in all agricultural and natural science fields and open continued opportunities for graduates of related disciplines in their various areas of enterprise as they relate to national, regional and universal need and goals. It is also intended to focus on the small scale and resource with a versatile knowledge from the pool of resources of the university and to extend this appropriate knowledge from the college for new innovations. A two-way process of activity involving visits and participatory activities for the wider public and the university is to be evolved.
The major philosophy of this college is the development of human capabilities towards ensuring a well-articulated process that will guarantee sustainable productivity of products in related fields. To this end, the rich and diverse agricultural and natural resources of the catchment areas of Joseph Ayo Babalola University and indeed the nation at large will need to be transformed for sustainable socio-economic development.
The vision of the college is to be the foremost college of agriculture and natural sciences in this region and as a reference point the world over. To this end, it is expected that the college will produce well articulated graduates who will be job creators and employers of labour.
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL & NATURAL SCIENCES | UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Choose from a variety of our programmes at College of Agricultural Sciences!
Biochemistry | Bachelor of Science
Be trained to meet the requirements of the job market as a biochemist
Computer Science | Bachelor of Science
Be trained to meet the requirements of the job market as a computer scientist
Food Science and Technology | Bachelor of Science
Develop your human capabilities towards ensuring a well articulated agricultural process
Industrial Chemistry | Bachelor of Science
Be trained to meet the requirements of the job market as an industrial chemist
Microbiology | Bachelor of Science
Be trained to meet the requirements of the job market as a microbiologist
Apply online to one of our undergraduate or postgraduate programmes.